I found my way to this YouTube viddy via a listicle, 7 Visionary Women Who Paved The Way For Electronic Music, posted on Facebook by the illimitable Rachel Short. It consists of the audio from a BBC radio documentary, combined with still pictures; it is a profile of the pioneering electronic music composer and creator of the original Doctor Who theme, Delia Derbyshire, who I had never heard of before I clicked the link. The Internet remembers her because of her electronic realization of the Doctor Who leitmotif, and all good nerds love anything to do with the Doctor, but both her music and her personality as presented fascinate me. Derbyshire was evidently a first class crank, and the sounds she created turn this crank’s crank. I hope it gives all y’all a turn, too.
- Happy Easter everyone! doctoromed.wordpress.com/2017/04/16/ran… 1 week ago
- RT @historyinflicks: Only 7% of Hillary supporters dislike Bernie Sanders and every single one of them has a twitter account and a brain pa… 1 week ago
- RT @Teddicchi: I'm never leaving twitter. https://t.co/k07XABgeds 1 week ago
- RT @simsa0: ♫ Arvo Pärt "De Profundis" youtube.com/watch?v=PhcYvl… 1 week ago
- RT @mat_johnson: Find someone who looks at you the way cable news looks at war. 1 week ago
- RT @NeinQuarterly: I asked Nietzsche. He told me to ask God. https://t.co/zfWAqh4Sok 1 week ago
- Trump should fire Spicer? Kinda like saying if that pig had better lipstick, it wouldn't look so much like a pig.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago